Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GOD NEVER CHANGES

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

PUTTING IT OUT THERE:
(1) How do you keep your memories of the Goodness of God alive?
I try to blog.. I used to try writing in my journal, but I have trouble writing and then reading it later (carpal tunnel) so I started blogging... I also do like to talk.. LOL If you don't know me, that would be the first thing you would notice, if we ever met.. I do share my stories now through Facebook and through Bible Study groups and through my blog.. I know that GOD IS SO GOOD.. It just can't be kept inside when you truly see and believe that... Does that mean that nothing bad ever happens? NO.. Satan is always waiting to try to trip us up.. and bad things are going to happen.. even to Good People.. Sometimes it is for God's Glory to be seen... sometimes it is just because! and sometimes it is because Satan is testing our faith. (And all through out the Bible, he tells his people to keep telling others so they will believe... ) and know God..

(2) Do you feel comfortable sharing the things God has done in/through/for/to you with your children? This one is easy.. they can see it almost as it happens.. and I try to keep telling them of the times that they were very small.. it may get to be harder with one, but I think they both are aware of our faith and we have had several opportunities esp. in the past several years to share the blessings out loud..
(3) Your friends? I am a talker and a writer, so yes, I think I do this fairly easily. I probably don't do it enough, but I do share... and I definitely post on FB so others I know can be encouraged.
(4) Your family? The only person I don't really share my faith with verbally is my brother.. I don't think he would listen.. due to his lack of faith and the hardships he has faced in his life.. but if he were to ever act like he would listen I would share with him.. but he has closed himself off from all of his immediate family..
(5) Your co-workers? Don't work at this time out of the home...
(6) Why? or Why Not? I truly believe that God is working in and through us on someone else no matter how hard we think we have it.. I saw this so much in that 13 month period when Steve was out of work.. AND we also saw just how good God's People can be.. AND even some other people who we did not know well enough to know how they believed.. we were blessed over and over during that period.. It is amazing to sit back now and think about that period of time... and how Blessed we were.. We never did without food, electricity, water, or gas.. and we did not lose anything.. and even if we had... we had already talked about the fact that No Matter What We Would Not Lose Faith in GOD.. nor would we give up on HIS Timing.. Yes, I know we had our moments of doubt as to how much longer we would have to wait.. but I know this to be true.. I knew that we just had to keep on believing that HIS WILL would be done, and We WOULD never give up on HIM.. I would gladly give up all my worldly possessions if it was what GOD wanted, because I don't want to lose my soul.. (I may be sort of tone deaf and a little old to rock, but I love hearing the song by Toby Mac -- Lose My Soul) AND YES I can rock with it all day...

ASKING GOD:
(1) What does this passage reveal about Your character? (2) What would you like me to remember? (3) What would you like me to forget? (4) Is there anything you want me to do?--Is there a story you want me to tell someone so they will know more about You?

(1) This passage tells me YOU Keep Your promises.... Your Character is flawless.. YOU NEVER CHANGE YOUR MIND... (2) This passage tells me that you want me to remember what YOU do forever.. You do not want me to forget YOU are the giver of my blessings.. I know YOU are in charge of my life... YOU Also keep EVERY promise you ever have made.. You promised that the Israelites would cross the Jordan into the promised land... and YOU made sure that they did.. even did this in a very big way if you ask me.. I can imagine the scene---- hundreds of people trying to figure out how they were going to get across... most of these people had not crossed the RED SEA because those people had all died.. so these were the grand sons and grand daughters of those.. and they may have heard the stories and said "Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.." Yes, I would have been one of those people... YOU want me to do what??? Cross that river.. Man, I can barely swim... not sure I can do it.. where is my boat? You know like I already said... I believe but I know my nature and I do my own share of grumbling.. whining... so I am one of the ones that the stories would have been for.. But it is far easier to believe when you actually see GOD'S HAND in the mix.. or in action...
(4) I am not sure which story God would want me to tell.. but I know that I have opportunities to share some of GOD'S Love, Blessings, Forgiveness, Promises, and Faithfulness in some way at least weekly.. if not daily... and I do try as often as I can.. Sometimes it is easier to tell one of my experiences than to just quote scripture.. and other times a scripture is better.. I just have to determine which is needed.. Hopefully I don't overkill all the time..

ASKING MYSELF:
(1) Do I truly believe God is Unchanging? (2) Do I remember what he has done for me in hard times? (3) Why? or Why Not?
(1) Oh Yes, I truly believe GOD is unchanging.. I know HE keeps HIS promises.. and is always there with me.. HE has never left me... AND even when I strayed away from HIM, HE was patient and waiting when I returned.. HE definitely loves me in spite of me.. and no matter what.. I know I fail Him.. but HE never Fails me.. and HE keeps wanting me back.. (2) I sometimes forget to thank HIM... daily for the Good things.. I don't think I really ever Forget HIM or what HE has done for me... I may take it for granted.. and need to relive it more often, but I don't think I could ever really forget what all He has done for me.. (3) It is hard to forget the most important things HE has done for me.. I know without a doubt that HE sent HIS Son to die for me... Not just the World.. but me (individually).. John 3:16.. That is awesome in and of itself.. and then to make sure that I met and fell in love with Steve... IS another HUGE thing.. I know I was not looking for a guy who would walk side by side while loving God when I was dating.. and HE just made sure that those guys were no longer a part of my life.. and Steve came into my life when I had given up on love.. and shortly after I decided to start over with GOD.. And God has never left me.. I have failed Him many times.. but He has always been there.. and ALWAYS will.. I truly believe Hebrews 13:8.... Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever..

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

What a beautiful testimony. I just know we would be great neighbors. I think my empty coffee cup would be coming over to your house all the time. For I too am a talker. ;)

If it's not too forward for me to do so, I think you should post your brother's name or initials on our FB prayer page, and have us all pray for his salvation. xxxooo

CyndiAnne said...

Gretchen, I do think we would be great neighbors.. Do you think you could arrange a move right about now??? LOL I am not a regular coffee drinker, but I could learn.. I miss having a girlfriend to talk to all the time.. Most of my friends work.. and I don't now.. But come on and IM me anytime.. I am on FB.. and on here some... HUGE hugs.

Michelle said...

CyndiAnne, I love your comment at the end that God has never left you and you have failed. Let me tell you, that resonated with me! I have failed, worried, and doubted and like you said, "He is THERE always!" Thanks!

His Girl said...

What a fantastic peek into your beautiful heart! I'd love to join you and Gretchen for a cuppa something someday!

CyndiAnne said...

Thanks All.. And Amber.. I would love that.. Someday we will meet..

Lisa Smith said...

I love social media for this reason too. We can share our stories. It is great for that!!

And, I agree with ya'll, someday we will all meet for coffee and share the best stories ever!!